About This Item
- Easy-to-use at-home kit via saliva swab sample. Personalized results based on your cat’s DNA ready in 6-9 weeks.
- The world’s first at-home feline genetic test to help you learn more about your cat’s ancestry and health! Please note — this is NOT a breed identifier (we can not confirm your cat’s pedigree) — we report the breed composition of your cat by looking for genomic similarities to specific breeds
- Cats breed groups are broken down into 5 categories: Western breeds (from Europe/Americas), Eastern breeds (from Asia), Exotic breeds (hybrids and Egyptian Mau), Persian breeds (Persian and related) and polycats (cats of yet unknown origin). The groups are further broken down into individual breeds and the genomic similarities are presented in a chromosome map – a visual interpretation of your results.
- The report is now expanded with Health Marker reports! The Health Marker report is the section of the basic Basepaws Cat DNA Report which reports over 39 genetic mutations that correspond to 17 genetic conditions. Here you will be able to discover if your cat has tested positive for a genetic variant associated with any of the genetic diseases included in our database. We are excited to share these discoveries and learn more about feline genetic health worldwide!
- Accurate, reliable reports are developed and designed through a rigorous process by world-class scientists and veterinary experts. We have rather developed an accurate breed identification system that is as scientifically close to a Breed Index as current advances in feline science allow. While a majority of genetic tests rely on investigated and known premises, cat genetics remain vastly understudied and mysterious. Our mission is to report on all currently available data.
Instructions: Activate: Activate your CatKit at Swab: Collect DNA with a cheek swab – 10 seconds is all it takes! No eating for 30 minutes before sample collection. Swab the lower cheek pouches to fully soak the swab. Invert Cap and Shake: Unscrew the cap from the tube. Turn the cap upside down and place swab in the tube. Screw cap on tightly to prevent leaking. Shake the tube vigorously 10 times to throughly mix the sample. Seal and place in box: Place your sample in the specimen bag with absorbent pad and seal the bag closed. Place the sealed specimen bag with your sample into the box. Seal the box closed using the adhesive liner located on the opening flap. Mail: Send back your sample via USPS or international. Postage is pre-paid and the box is already labeled with the return address. Report: Receive your report in 6-8 weeks from the date your sample arrives at our laboratory, viola!
|Assembled Product Weight||
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)||
10.00 x 4.00 x 1.00 Inches